As we welcome the return of spring, it’s time to adjust your daily ritual. In Chinese Medicine, spring corresponds to the wood element and relates to the liver organ. To nourish your liver, scatter some goji berries in your tea. If you are feeling lethargic, kickstart your day with some lemon water as sour flavors stimulate the liver. For more liver-smoothing recipes, read here.
Spring Skincare Guide
Fickle spring weather can lead to a host of skin issues such as itching, irritation, and redness. Skin sensitivities that flare up during spring are multi-factorial; pollution, airborne allergens, sudden weather changes, poor sleep, inadequate diet, and stress are some common culprits. The key is to strengthen yourself inside-out with balanced diet, relaxed emotions, and appropriate skincare.
For your best Spring glow ever, follow these 5 simple steps:
- Activate your inner glow with exercise. Circulate the emerging Yang energy by increasing physical activity. Take more more walks in nature and engage your movement with mindful breathing. Work out to a light perspiration to help flush toxins.
- Sleep is your best beauty serum. While we still advocate sleeping early, it’s favorable to start rousing earlier this season to catch the first rays and enjoy the melodious chorus of morning birds.
- Reevaluate your beauty routine. Warmer temperatures and increased humidity in Spring calls for lighter weight skincare products.
- Double mask. Yes, it will take a full hour or more, but the results are worth it! Start with a exfoliating mask, we especially love using plain organic yogurt, the lactic acid helps gently dissolve dead skin. Leave yogurt mask on for 30 minutes, rinse with tepid water and follow with our Divine Bio-Cellulose Sheet Mask to calm and hydrate. Leave sheet mask on and relax for 30 minutes. Remove mask and massage the remaining serum in package to your face, neck, and décolleté. You will be glowing!
- If you have been spotty about sunscreen in winter, it’s time to step up your SPF game this season. Pick a natural children’s sunscreen if you have sensitive skin.
We formulated our Enlighten collection
with ingredients that strengthen, soothe, and protect your skin during spring. Astragalus, a time-honored medicinal herb that enhances the immune system, is rich in antioxidants to help repair and improve suppleness of the skin. It is often used to heal skin wounds and lesions in Chinese Medicine. Wildcrafted silver needle white tea soothes and protect sensitive skin with its potent antioxidant levels. Sweet and delicate, the silvery white buds are only available to harvest for one week out of the entire year. Snow fungus or tremella, a delicacy in asian cuisine, is anti-allergenic, rich in amino acids, Vitamin D, and can hold many times its weight in water, surpassing that of hyaluronic acid. To condition and even out complexion, we added peony root, a powerful anti-inflammatory herb often used to nourish blood and smooth liver in TCM.
To celebrate spring, join us at our Spring Wellness Event this Sunday, April 9th, 2017. Indulge in all things spring, watch a live spring floral demo, enjoy healthy snacks, taste artisan teas, and receive a personalized skin consultation. RSVP to reserve your space and gift bag!